Minimally Invasive Surgery
What is minimally invasive surgery?
In general, minimally invasive surgery is less invasive. In other words, it is associated with decreased number of surgical incisions. Interestingly, our doctors perform some surgeries without scalpels. As a result, stitches are not required.
What are the advantages of minimally invasive surgery?
Overall, three major advantages exist. These include:
- First, patients experience less pain after surgery.
- Second, the doctors use fewer incisions during the surgery. Oftentimes, our doctors perform some surgeries without stitches.
- Third, patients experience faster recovery times after surgery.
Is minimally invasive surgery safe?
YES! Interestingly, it results in less complications!
What is considered minimally invasive surgery at Fort Lauderdale Periodontics and Implant Dentistry?
Most importantly, we want our patients to be comfortable. Therefore, we are committed to providing safe alternatives to traditional surgery. With the said, we do perform several types of minimally invasive surgery. These include:
- Instead of traditional scalpels, we use lasers to treat periodontal disease.
- With The Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique, we offer an alternative to traditional gum surgery for gum recession. Interestingly, it is scalpel and stitches free surgery.
- Computer Guided Implant Surgery. Read more about it here.